Monday, October 12, 2009

Find Your Way Back Home

Okay.....so I'm switching gears (sort of). I don't know how long it's been since I've written a poem but I have a folder full of poems I've written over the years. Mainly it consists of poems about Makenzie because writing became my therapy after her death. I will share those over time so check back periodically (especially the people that knew her).

Tonight I write about my newly created family. Rudy and I have been married 6 months and 8 days and with our commitment came 4 beautiful children. Brandon (21), a Junior in college. Austin (18), a Freshman in college. Paige (17), a Senior in high school. Olivia (6), a 1st grader. We knew our lives would be full (and busy) but we never expected to love each other's children so much. Thank you kiddos for loving us back.


Paige, Brandon, Rudy, Olivia, Me, and Austin


God's most precious gift has tiny fingers and toes
and He chooses the perfect parents, which only He knows.
We do the best we can teaching right from wrong
and pray for your safety until you make it back home.

Brandon is the oldest and the most independent
We don't see him often so our time with him is well spent.
His life is busy and still he has time to call us
We love you, Son and we're so proud you're so focused.

Austin is a hard worker and loves his games
He's a sports fanatic, you can ask him anything.
It's "Yes Ma'am" and hugs all day long
We love you, Son and so proud you're so strong.

Paige wants to grow up but she's scared too death
I have a feeling we'll have to help her make that step
Don't be afraid, we're here if you stumble
We love you, Sweetie and so proud you're so humble.

Olivia is a sensitive child and so full of joy
She loves to talk and is not interested in her toys
She likes attention and is always trying to please us
We love you, Sweetie and so proud of your love for Jesus.

We love each of your smiles and savor all your kisses
and wonder when you're away if you ever miss us?
We hope as you grow older and create lives of your own
You'll always want to visit us and find your way back home.




1 comment:

  1. I love your poem, Mrs. Garcia. It was really sweet and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete